Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blog Day

Apparently today is Blog Day. What this means exactly I'm not sure--the blog day website has been down all morning. Isn't it ironic, in the Morisette sense? (Blog Day might be a British thing, but the internet is global, baby, and anyhow, I was born in England.)

I gather from Silverbrow that you are supposed to link like the Dickens on blog day to show your love all over the 'sphere. I like.

Ample Sanity turned me onto Jay is Games and I'm most grateful.

General Hospital of House, M.D. charts references to GH on House and v.v. 380-some blogs link to it, so perhaps it was already a daily read. It wins the Pete Wells exploit-your-niche award.

The Cinetrix has Sam Jackson to help her keep her film students in line and it's only the first week of class.

Finally, some local blogstuffs: Sprawled Out: The Search for Community in an American Suburb is a Franklin, WI blog about "the way we live and why." And Not Be Televised reviews Wisconsin State Fair food. Eating ostrich: "remarkably not like any other poultry I've had in my day." Dane101 reports on Trader Joe's, soon coming to both Madison and Milwaukee. Yes, we are so blessed. And not exactly local, but Food Market Index tracks Whole Foods, especially the one in Framingham, Mass.

In other news, I bought some t-shirts from Threadless to try vainly to recapture my lost youth. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. L8R.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So THAT'S what was going on! Julie from Kitchenography emailed me excitedly telling me that Kalyn from Kalyn's Kitchen had linked to me as part of blog day, but partly because I had a migraine and partly because I was trying to put my kitchen back together, I was distracted and never really got around to checking it out. So I benefited from Blog Day but didn't pass it on; now I feel guilty!

8:50 AM  
Blogger mzn said...

You'll get 'em next year.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention and link... how is the Milwaukee Whole Foods coming along? Still opening in a couple weeks?

9:02 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

mr. markets, the opening is set for Sept. 20 and I'll be there to check it out at my earliest convenience.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your review. Tomorrow's the big day!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home