Friday, April 28, 2006

Harlequin Bakery




I should probably have waited until tasting these little treats before blogging about them, but I'm waiting to share them with my dining companions after dinner. I picked them up today at Harlequin Bakery, which is adjacent to Coquette Cafe. While there, I had the pleasure of meeting (accosting, more like it) the chef Sandy D'Amato, of Coquette, Harlequin, and the amazing and eponymous Sanford Restaurant. He was a bit shy and much shorter than I am. I told him how much I love his food. Ordinarily I believe you should leave famous people alone, but some kind of force took over me in the moment. The chef offered me a sample of fresh bread. Wish I could tell you what kind, but I was distracted. After getting back into the car, I started to think of all kinds of smart things I might have said to him.

Clockwise from top left: blueberry hazelnut rugel, bunny cookie (shortbread I think) for our little bunny lover, pistachio macaroon (they have several flavors of these), and cinnamon, caramel, and vanilla marshmallows.

UPDATE: Everything was delicious but especially the macaroon. I want to return to Harlequin tomorrow to sample all of their other flavors.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are lovely, lovely.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that bunny!

1:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Tenacity said...

Way jealous - we can't even get macaroons here in Albuquerque, and we are a similarly sized city... I think MKE is finally coming into its own, culinarily speaking.

But we do have a recently opened cupcake shop, for what its worth.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home