Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bullshit food

I begin teaching today, my tenth year at the front of a classroom. Not that much has changed in all that time. I still get excited. The first day jitters, while milder than in the early days, still afflict me. (I'm sure I'm much better at concealing them than my first few times teaching.) One consequence of first-day jitters is that I don't want to eat. There must be some good evolutionary function for food aversion in such an instance. I'll let you know if I discover it.

Anyhow, I am feeling a bit queasy just typing the words "Sicilian Lasagna Pizza" right now, but I'm about to do it again. What do Pizza Hut's Sicilian Lasagna Pizza and the War on Terror have in common? The Cod makes a connection.

2 Comments:

Blogger zoe p. said...

enjoy it! (the teaching not the food aversion)

and that cod is on to something . . . .

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son was just exclaiming over that very pizza when he stopped in my room to say good night last night and the ad was on while I was watching the news. They are really blasting the airwaves with them. We were wondering what can possibly be on it; noodles? ricotta? The one thing you can be sure of is that the crust will be swimming in grease, a Pizza Hut specialty.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home