Friday, September 23, 2005

Atwater park



I've been taking the kid to this park overlooking Lake Michigan at least once a week all summer long. It's a fifteen minute walk from where we live. Today it was windy, chilly, long-sleeves weather. It's a very steep hill that takes you down to the beach from where I snapped this shot. There used to be a funicular but they tore it out many years ago. Now you climb hundreds of stairs to get to the water. I've been down them exactly once.





In Wisconsin this is called a bubbler. I've lived here for more than eight years and it still sounds strange to my ear. The first time I heard it was my first day as a teaching assistant. A student asked me if I knew where there's a bubbler and I was embarrassed not to know what on earth she was talking about.

2 Comments:

Blogger the sad billionaire said...

I love that park. I want to go there soon. And Mater's. Yum!

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a random surfer, clicking around at blogs, and stopped when I found the ice cream. But Atwater Park?!? I grew up one block away. Sigh. Thanks for the snaps. I'm bookmarking.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home