Friday, September 30, 2005

September extra

Like the deleted scenes on your DVDs, here's some grub that didn't make it into the blog this month.



Flan, baked in individual ramekins to be cute and so that no one could complain I ate more than my fair share. This was the first flan I ever made and it was spot on (though I didn't unmold this one perfectly and its shape is a kind of sad not-circle).



A Chinese soup made of pork and chicken stock seasoned with ginger and soy and chock full of rice noodles, meat, and veggies.



Tofu frying for a stir-fry.



A big apple pancake. If I made this at my sister Amy's place it would be a big apple big apple pancake.



And a tuna melt with excellent late-summer tomatoes and sharp Vermont cheddar.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would actually be a big big apple apple pancake.

9:24 AM  
Blogger mzn said...

Can we both be right, pretty please? It really tickles me to be right.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home