Friday, September 09, 2005

Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways

The first rock song I ever really loved was "It's Still Rock And Roll To Me" on Billy Joel's Glass Houses. Billy sings, "Should I get a set of whitewall tires?/ Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?" I remember asking my mom what whitewall tires are. It never occured to me to ask about the miracle mile. I figured it was just someplace people drive cars.

The Miracle Mile shopping strip in Manhassaet, NY, near Great Neck, is a place I've actually spent the odd hour or two over the years. The last time was with my dad, and I think he bought a shirt at Brooks Brothers. (I have cousins who live near there.) Now I read, in a "review" (via TMFTML) of a new Dolce & Gabbana store there, that Billy was actually singing about that upscale mall. It's taken me twenty-five years to make that connection?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home