Monday, December 19, 2005

Quartets

This comes via The Gurgling Cod: About Last Night offers The Meme of Four. It occurred to me when I read it that I already wrote about some of these things in past posts. Amazing, though: there's always something new to say.

Four jobs you've had in your life: movie theater popcorn shoveler, camp counselor, leftist cooperative bookstore staffer (for one afternoon), public speaking instructor.

Four movies you could watch over and over: To Have and Have Not, Nashville, The Band Wagon, Fargo. I thought Fargo was outlandishly violent when I first saw it; many repeated viewings made me a fan.

Four places you've lived: Toronto, Montreal, New York, Milwaukee.

Four TV shows you love to watch: Good Eats, Veronica Mars, Curb Your Enthusiasm, SportsCenter. I watch SportsCenter at the gym while listening to my iPod. If I had to listen to the hosts' voices I would turn it off after ten seconds but I do love the highlights.

Four places you've been on vacation: Los Angeles, Rome, Las Vegas, Berlin.

Four websites you visit daily: I Hate The New Yorker, Fluffy Dollars, The NYT, Althouse. I tend to disagree with Althouse but I marvel at her ability to write a dozen sharp posts a day on a crazy variety of topics, all of them interesting.

Four of your favorite foods: kimchee, falafel, onion rings, smoked fish. (I named twenty favorite foods not that long ago; that list could be 100 long and there would still be too many favorites left out.)

Four places you'd rather be: at the movies, eating dim sum, wandering around Paris, with my people--where we'll be in just a few days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you tried making kimchi fried rice? kimchi's great for fried rice.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home