Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Salty caramel + link

Well, we couldn't wait. Salty caramel is a bit jarring at first because it's ice cream and it's salty. E said, "It's strange, and yet I am compelled to keep eating it." It's not as sweet as I was expecting, which actually pleased me, and the texture scores eleven out of ten. There's something audacious in making an ice cream that tastes equally salty and sweet and I admire that. I would have finished the whole pint off but I wasn't feeling that hungry, I wanted to save some for tomorrow, and anyway, like the little man's book says, "Ice cream is yummy/too much ice cream is yucky." I realize that might sound strange coming from someone with eight and a half pints of ice cream in his freezer...

***

I wish I had all kinds of links for you but I don't, I have just one. My favorite interweb discovery of late is the blog of Jane Espenson, a television writer and producer (most notably a writer for Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Mostly it's about writing for the tube in a tips-from-the-top vein, but she also tells us what she had for lunch every day, e.g., "a fairly nasty egg-salad sandwich from a gas station and a Kinder Bueno candy bar. Transcendent!" Transcendent!

1 Comments:

Blogger femme feral said...

happy almost birthday!

xoxoxox from tx

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home