Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Things I ate but didn't photograph

A BLT on wheat with lots of mayo and cracked black pepper. 9 out of 10. (We're down to our last tomato, pity.)

Tuna, raw, sliced about 1/4 inch thick, topped with coarse salt and rosemary olive oil. 9 out of 10. Would have been 10 but for my heavy hand with the salt.

A Montreal-style bagel, toasted, with butter and orange marmalade. 7 out of 10. Fresh is better.

A few pieces of a farmer's market yellow watermelon. 7 out of 10. It happens every summer: I buy a watermelon that has seeds thinking, What's a few seeds? People have loved eating watermelon for a lot longer than there have been seedless varieties. But the seeds are awful, just a nuisance, feh. And yet the melon is deliciously sweet. (If I get around to it, some of this melon will become a frozen dessert. Whiz in the blender and strain out the junk.)

A handful of Canadian Smarties with my after-lunch coffee (dark Guatemala, black). 10 out of 10. (Picture from Bigfoto.)

2 Comments:

Blogger kspring said...

Do you have a Smarties source in your American city??? I'm jonesin' for those thangs. M&M's don't even come close.

12:04 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

No, I don't know a place to get Smarties in Wisconsin. My parents visited a few weeks ago and left a big stash.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home