Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bubbe gum and other searchables

It's been a while, so here are some of the searches I thought were worth saving:

Bengali children's cartoons

gumby chicken soup recipes for stuffed buns

ham skillet as sexual reference

does your bubbe gum loose it flavor on the bed post over night+song (The search no longer turns up Haverchuk, but it did a week or two ago. No idea why it doesn't any more.)

ate too much at the office potluck (It's that time of year.)

As for the searches that really produce a desired result, some frequent ones lately are debbie does salad, picture of pot roast (many people don't know about Google image, evidently), moosewood split pea soup, bill haverchuck, and many variations on giada+dirty words (here's an example).

My proudest Google results, though, have nothing to do with me. In the comments section of this old post, my brother describes a restaurant in Toronto that no longer exists called Ginsberg and Wong. It served both Jewish deli and Chinese food, something of a trend in the 1970s. Today if you search Google for ginsberg and wong, my blog is the top hit. People search for it every day and I always wonder if they are hopeful that it's still there. I think I would want to eat there once if it were.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

Ham skillet as sexual reference?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My dad used to take me there all the time. It was awesome!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home