Thursday, December 01, 2005

Blog of the...

Winning the MKEonline blog of the week contest last month has vaulted me into the semi-finals. Winning this round will qualify me to compete for blog of the year, a title I vainly covet. Thus again I ask for your vote. The competition this time is stiffer: ten blogs vie for the honor. Like last time I am sharing some sample passages from my competitors. (In the last round one of my rivals called this "dirty pool." Pffff.)

Know What I Mean?: "The new rage is for guys to get together, turn off their cellphones, and huddle up around a TV while "Laguna Beach" and the "O.C." are on. (emph in orig; KWIM? links to this hilarious JS article). KWIM? is concerned that today's young men lack manliness. Here's hoping he loses the blog of the week semi-finals to a straight dude who would almost always rather make ice cream than watch football.

The Slack Files: "do people now a days still store their gloves in the glove compartment? why the hell don't they just call it the 'whatever the hell you don't want on the floor of your car compartment'" Hmm. A lot of the stuff I don't want on the floor of my car can can often be found on the floor of my car, just saying. Blog by a dude.

Bob the King: "Rebounding, wow! I can't believe we're leading the league in rebounds." "We" would be the Milwaukee Bucks. Dudes and sports. Like love and marriage, as saith the silly song, you can't have one without the other.

The New Vernacular: Describing the "coasties" attending UW-Madison, i.e., the out-of-state rich kids often from the east coast: "It's a rough life in the land of popped collars, skin-tight black spandex pants, Ugg boots, North Face, massive sunglasses, and daddy'’s credit card." Sarcastic dude.

coffeestoned: "i don't think i kissed her or touched her inappropriately. hell i don't even know who she is. so what the fuck?" What else? Another dude.

Paint the Town: "We were practically sitting in the man's lap, for crying out loud!!! He was watching us, I swear, even though you couldn't really tell because of the shades, but I know . . ." Isaac Hayes in concert. This blog is not written by a dude and for that I am grateful.

The Daily Kenoshan: "Teenager Found Dead In Walworth County Ravine." It's a newsy-linky kind of blog with multiple authors, some of them dudes.

One Step Closer to Knowing Nothing at All: "There's always someone who wants homemade bread, and it's a cheap pastime that brings great satisfaction. " I'm way down with that. Author is not a dude.

John McCarville: "Another Thanksgiving, another tasty turkey." The dude said it.

Vote for Haverchuk, a blog by a dude, here. And that's the last I'm going to say about dudes (for now, anyway).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have my vote 8-)

3:42 AM  
Blogger Sinner said...

It seems to not like some email addresses... only one of my personal email addresses worked, the rest including my work address, didn't...

I tried to stuff the ballot box!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a close friend of Little Sister's in NYC-- just here to say I adore your blog and read it as much as I can. I definitely voted for you-- keep it up! I must confess that I love stories about the little man (and, of course, the writings of a certain guest blogger...).

12:40 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

Thanks for your votes, everyone. Sinner: in the last round one of the other nominees encouraged people to vote more than once and the MKEonline folks piped up to say that they have their ways of foiling fradulent schemes. But you should be able to vote with any valid e-mail address. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf. Peeps: thanks for reading and voting. I'll try to come up with some more cute kid stuff for you soon.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home