Sunday, March 04, 2007

Racing Cheeses

Racing Cheeses

You know about the sausage race during Milwaukee Brewers games. But did you know that between periods of Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) games, there is a race held in which Merk's cheese spread tubs on skates speed around the Bradley Center ice? If I'm not mistaken, the flavors are original cheddar, cheddar beer, port wine, and Swiss almond. Port wine won the race on Friday night, the Admirals beat the Hamilton (Ontario) Bulldogs 3-2 in a shootout. After the game, REO Speedwagon played an assortment of forgettable songs from their new album and all their 1980s hits, too. As I have said here before, it is my pleasure to live in the Dairy State.

KC

More pictures at my Flickr.

(Also, "I Can't Fight This Feeling" may be the worst. video. ever.)

1 Comments:

Blogger zoe p. said...

I've heard some local rumors concerning pierogi races.

And I've eaten a pretty good pierogi sauteed with onions and kraut.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home