Sunday, January 15, 2006

SPAM spam

Below you see my Gmail spam folder. Every time I load the page, a link to a different recipe appears. Is everyone getting this crap or does Google know me too well? (Yes, there are 87 unread messages in my inbox. No, this does not bother me in the slightest.)






While on the topic of dubious recipes, here's one from a local chef, John Raymond, printed in MKE magazine. The article in which it appears is about the quick, healthy meals that chefs prepare at home.
mixed-up salad with creamy vinagrette
cook time none

Ingredients
Lamb and goat cheese tart
Greens
Grilled asparagus
Carrots
Poached scallops
Camembert cheese
Tomatoes
Tortellini
Cranberry walnut bread
Salt and pepper to taste
Red verjus (an acidic, sour juice made from unripe fruit)

Instructions
Toss all the ingredients and drizzle with any favorite creamy salad dressing. This salad is a medley of foods from the cupboard, refrigerator and cooler. The foods used here were the excess at John's restaurant. Use whatever foods you have that are not enough for a full meal.
(Here's some more fun with Gmail.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

If I had that much excess food, I'd be...screwed.

I don't get those links in my gmail because I turned that option off. I think. Ginger spam salad? Wu..h...o..

ANd 87 emails?! Holy crap! I try to keep my inbox below 50 emails, period. Anything I'm finished with gets trashed or archived. I reply to emails kinda slowly though..and then I freak out.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dubious? I think he may be having us on with his dumpster salad?

Love the spam spam.

3:29 AM  
Blogger femme feral said...

is that mail thing in the family??? the SB has -- I'm not kidding -- HUNDREDS of unread messages. It astounds me because I'm always so ecited to get any mail at all that I gobble it all up.

1:38 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

I don't know, FF, are his unread messages important? Mine are from listservs, promotional stuff from retailers, notices about campus events, etc. Junky stuff that isn't actually spam. But you are right: he and I are alike. That's what happens when you share 50% of your DNA and most of your childhood with someone. You grow up to have similar e-mail inboxes.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home