Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kopp's in Glendale

Winter has curbed my enthusiasm for making ice cream but not for eating it. As I have said before, Kopp's Frozen Custard is the filet of the frozen desserts. I took the little man there for his afternoon snack today and in the process went on a bit of a photo safari. The flavors of the day were caramel cashew and chocolate malt, the latter of which you see below. The menu describes it as "a light chocolate malt flavor with chunks of malted milk balls." It didn't take me long to finish it. The kid had vanilla, which is still my favorite of them all. I persist in trying all of the other flavors to satisfy my curiosity but at this point I'm positive that none will ever beat vanilla. The cows are out behind the building, alongside I-43. They stand on ledges at the bottom of a hill, about four feet off the ground. When you stand next to them you have to tilt your head back to look at their heads and the effect is a bit creepy. All are white except for that one lonely black cow.

It is my pleasure to live in the Dairy State.











Kopp's Frozen Custard
5373 N. Port Washington Rd.
Glendale, WI 53217
(414) 961-3288
Flavor Line (414) 961-2006

4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

WI feels galaxies away...I WANT CUSTAARRRDDD!!!

But not the freaky cows.

11:09 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Counting the days until I visit WI (285 to go), but wait a minute; do you need a . . .a CAR to get to this place?!?

12:36 AM  
Blogger Sinner said...

How could you!?!?!

They had Carmel Cashew and you went with something else?

Barbarian!

;)

2:16 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

CL: I must really sell the custard well to get you to shlep all this way just for a taste. And if you're asking for a ride, I don't usually make plans for fooding 285 days in advance so let's talk closer to the date of your visit.

Sinner: I had never tried either of these daily flavors (!), so CC it is next time.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home